Welcome to the CS&T membership page. Our membership drive generally begins at the end of January and runs through the beginning of May. We are bound by our by-laws to a maximum capacity of 215 families. As current families resign or request leave of absences, new families are sent offers for membership. Former families are given preferential status on the waitlist (with a cap of 5 families advancing to the front). In addition, families are allowed to defer their acceptance one-time and keep their spot on the waiting list. While there is no set number of offers in a given year (it is 100% dependent upon turn-over and acceptance rate), our recent experience has indicated between 50 and 75 families receive offers in a given year. If you have any additional questions regarding the status of your membership please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you
This membership is inclusive of all the amenities the club has to offer. Swimming and tennis are available seven days a week. Children are encouraged to take the FREE swim and tennis lessons available from our professional staff. Members children can choose to join our swim and tennis team. (Small fee assessed for team membership) Barbecue with club supplied gas grills. Enjoy lounging by the pool or set up for the day at one of our many picnic tables. Throughout the summer, social events are held so that our members can enjoy the club with their kids and without.
The waiting list is updated as needed..
Varsity membership is available to those who have maintained at least 10 consecutive years of membership. It is available only to a member and spouse.
More info from the bylaws
(a) The Board of Governors, in its sole discretion, shall be entitled to grant Varsity Memberships, in addition to those enumerated in other sections of these By Laws to joint members for their long-standing support of the corporation who meet the following criteria:
(1) They must have been members of the corporation in good standing for at least ten (10) consecutive years, having paid all of their dues and assessments at the time application for Varsity Membership has been received.
(2) Varsity Membership is only available to the member and spouse. No other members of the household can be included in this membership.
(3) They must apply for this membership in writing to the Board of Governors with the understanding that the number of Varsity Memberships are dependent upon the attainment of full standard membership enrollment and that there is no guarantee that the Board of Governors will act favorably on their application. Nonetheless, applicants agree to maintain their membership for the year notwithstanding the outcome of their application for Varsity Membership status.
(4) Applicants agree that the corporation shall retain, during their tenure as Varsity Members, the entrance fee paid pursuant to Article IV, Section 1 (a.k.a. the bond) that is being held by the corporation in conjunction with their standard membership.
(5) They agree that they shall neither have the ability to vote as members of the corporation nor shall they have the right to hold elective office on the Board of Governors or as an officer of the corporation. Varsity Members shall be permitted to invite guests at the going rate.
(b) The Board of Governors shall exercise due diligence in granting Varsity Membership to all qualified applicants so long as there are no vacancies in Standard Memberships and that for each Varsity membership granted there is a replacement who has agreed to take the member’s slot as a new Standard Member. The granting of Varsity Membership shall not take place prior to June 1. The first member to apply for Varsity Membership shall receive first consideration for such membership, and subsequent applicants shall receive consideration in the order that such applications are received. The date of application shall be considered by the postmark date on the envelope. Should more than one application be received at the same time, the member having seniority of membership shall be given consideration before the member with less seniority. Once Varsity Membership status has been granted it shall not be revoked for any subsequent years and that member shall be a Varsity Member for the duration of their association with the corporation. The number of Varsity Memberships shall never exceed fifty (50).
(c) The annual dues for such membership shall be determined by the Board of Governors but shall not exceed one-half of the annual dues paid by Standard Members pursuant to Article V, Section 1. Within thirty (30) days of attaining Varsity Membership, said member shall receive a refund of their dues paid representing the difference between the Standard Membership dues and the Varsity Membership dues. Varsity Members shall be liable for any assessments levied as set out in Article V of these By Laws. The Board of Governors shall be entitled to modify these provisions from time to time as deemed fit to further the intent and purposes of this provision and these By Laws.
|$130.00||One time Initiation Fee (non-refundable) due upon acceptance of membership|
|$700.00||Refundable Bond is issued upon acceptance of membership. It is refunded when a membership is resigned and a new member fills the vacated membership slot.|
|$150.00||Capital Improvement Fund fee|
|$5.00||Guest Fee (per person/per day)|
Emergency Information Form
All members must complete an Emergency Information form and return it to the Club Manager. Please fill out a separate form for each family member.
New Membership Application
Anyone interested in membership must fill out an application form. There is a $50.00 application fee that must accompany the membership application and is non-refundable. Please make your check payable and mail to:
Chelmsford Swim and Tennis
PO Box 114
Chelmsford, MA 01824
This fee is applied towards the initiation fee when the applicant accepts membership. Upon receipt of a completed application and the application fee, the applicant is placed on the membership waiting list and is called as soon as the Club membership falls below the 215 family limit. Any/all information provided on this application WILL REMAIN exclusive to CS&T.